Background Photography

Sunday 18 July 2010

House of Grace

House of Grace is the meaning of Casa Harului, and it really lives up to its name as I don't think I've been to a more beautiful and peaceful place in my life.  The scenery is stunning, the people in the camp are amazing and there is this unexplainable factor about the whole place that EVERYONE without execption has said exists here that makes it so special, but nobody can actually describe it.  You really have to be here. 

Whilst I'm able to do this post, I think that at the most, sporadic pictureless post may be all that I can manage for this week here.  There is a price to pay for such a quiet and remote place, and that's slow internet.  The owners Benny and Maria have kindly let me use their computer, but it took me over an hour to be unsuccessful at uploading a picture.  I'm taking pleny pictures though and promise to show you when I get home if I can't find a solution to the internet problem that I find myself in once again.  I had no idea that keeping a blog would be so demanding and challenging.

I arived here on Friday night and have been enjoying observing the end of one of the children's camps here. I say observing, but I was actually asked to lead the team's morniing devotional time today and I have the honour of preaching to the children for their last evening tonight, so it's pretty hands on observation.  There will only be an hour between the kids leaving tomorrow and the disabled families arriving so it will no doubt be all hands on deck to clean and prepare the camp for them.  I'll try to keep you updated as much as I can because I'm finding the experience here extremely profound and affecting, so I'm really keen to share with you even if I can't get the pics uploaded to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment